A note from Eternal Reefs
We feel the following links are relevant and worth visiting. They include environmental memorial sites, consumer information sites and sites that promote social responsibility.
Our related links are divided into the following categories:
- Reef Ball Foundation – Our strategic partner, the Reef Ball Foundation is a not for profit company that builds artificial reefs around the world to better the well being of earth’s oceans.
- Captain Planet Foundation – The Captain Planet Foundation funds and supports hands-on environmental projects for children and youths.
- Reefs.org – Reefs.org is an online interactive community dedicated to the education of marine aquarists worldwide.
- The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) – promotes coral reef conservation around the world by working with the dive industry, governments, local communities and other organizations to protect and manage coral reefs, establish marine parks, fund conservation efforts, and raise public awareness with the mission to keep coral reefs alive for future generations.
- The International Coral Reef Information Network (ICRIN) – a communications and information project that provides: general coral reef information, tools and resources, a central coral reef communications and network hub
- Save The Fish – National Coalition for Marine Conservation (NCMC) — NCMC is the nation’s oldest public advocacy group dedicated exclusively to conserving ocean fish and their environment. NCMC addresses problems such as overfishing, bycatch, and marine habitat loss.
Environmental Burials & Memorials
- Green Burials – Information and links to environmentally friendly options to traditional burial in the United States
- Memorial Ecosystems – Provides on land memorial options that allow for burial in a natural setting and that preserve and protect the natural environment.
- Ashes on the Sea – Ashes on the Sea in San Diego offers dignified Memorial at Sea Ash Scattering Services – They have many different boats available and offer unattended, attended and View-From-Shore Services.
Consumer Funeral Organizations
- Funeral Consumers Alliance – Federation of Nonprofit Consumer Information Societies. FAMSA is dedicated to a consumer’s right to choose a meaningful, dignified, affordable funeral.
- Cremation.org – Listing of Cremation Societies around the country that may be able to assist you in your time of need.
- Cremation.com – Listing of Cremation Societies around the country and lots of useful information regarding cremation issues.
- Holistic Junction – A community of people interested in all things holistic. Here, you will find what you need; share what you know; discuss what you’re not sure about. Create your own web site, participate in online forums (over 80 categories), peruse the Business Directory, publish your original articles, opinions, artwork, and so much more.
- The Natural Death Center – Campaigns for environmental burial grounds in the UK and abroad. Has a list of 200 Natural Burial Grounds in the UK where trees or wild flowers are planted as living memorials.
Social Services Organizations
- Association for Death Education and Counseling – ADEC offers numerous educational opportunities through its annual conference, courses and workshops, its certification program, and via its acclaimed newsletter, The Forum.
- Grief Companion – Features writings from a variety of classic and contemporary writers that grieving people have found helpful and comforting. This includes five full-length books which can be freely downloaded.
- United Network for Organ Donation – This site provides information about how to become an organ donor, how the organ donation network works and other national resources relating to organ donation.
- Medicare Nursing Home Compare – The primary purpose of this tool is to provide detailed information about the performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country.
- GriefNet.org – This is an internet community of persons that are dealing with grief, death, or major loss
- bestscubasites.com – A list of articles and websites relating to Scuba diving.
- Barracuda Dive Club. – A source for Scuba diving information, discussion, dive club news, dive photos and video, and everything dealing with diving in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Great Lakes Aquanauts – Great Lakes Aquanauts is a Michigan based dive club.
- Scuba Radio – is an internet radio talk show with a diving theme. Pictures are painted of the underwater world as listeners and guests share their diving adventures. (Uses Windows Media Player)
- South Florida Divers Inc. Scuba Club -one of the oldest SCUBA diving clubs in Florida, founded in 1974.
- Savannah Scuba & Spear fishing – Savannah Scuba is a group of fellow dive enthusiasts, with a wide range of experience levels, that gather to share in fellowship and learning experiences. We welcome anyone to come and join us in our quest for the ultimate dive experience.
- Yahoo Directory – A listing of many different sites arranged by common themes.
- Google Directory – A listing of cremation sites as well as many other categories.
- Kimberleylocke.biz – An index of sites ranging from Death to Law and Holidays.
*This page contains links to other sites. Eternal Reefs inc. is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these other sites nor does it endorse the products, services or information provided on these sites.